Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Kamasutra Cake from Good Spirits


Good Spirits
The Collective, 7274 Malugay cor. Mayapis
San Antonio Village, Makati City

Christmas has been so wonderful, not only because of the parties I've been to, but also the fairly good amount of presents I was able to receive this year. Felt like a kid filled with anticipation at each surprise, it was definitely awesome!

My friend, Grace Paragas would probably have given me the best Christmas treat this year, and it's the Kamasutra Cake from Good Spirits.

I am really intrigued with this cake, since the first time I've heard about it. The name would connote a very sensual experience which I'm sure a lot of people would be very familiar with. *grin*

This wonderful dessert came in a very neat and colorful package, at first I was trying not to move it too much thinking that the icing would be ruined easily like other cakes, but I am surprised that it's still in tact after travelling! Yay! The presentation these days is definitely everything and this one totally bagged it.

I took it out of the box, and the first thought that came to me was that it wasn't too big so I would be enjoying it alone, because it would literally just neatly fit the palm of my hand. It's really adorable that it took me quite a few moments to start digging in.

The Kamasutra cake is wrapped in dark Belgian chocolate icing and decorated with chocolatey-gold buttons, it is a habit of mine to try the edible designs first before the actual cake. The Gold buttons are not very special in my opinion, it's harder than normal chocolate, I was hoping it would be, milk chocolate but I can't quite distinguish what it's made of.

I am not a big fan of dark chocolate nor cakes with even a hint of liquor, and I kinda hesitated when I read the description of the Kamasutra cake, but I was so proven wrong. It's very delectable and wonderful feelings were aroused through my palate. It's not really sweet but there's no bitterness as well, the whole thing slowly melts inside your mouth as you taste it's chocolatey goodness.

So I guess that's the reason for the name.

Definitely a must try for both chocoholics and nonchocoholics alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment